Thursday 6 February 2014

Event that has shaped your life and the person you have become.


Starting to play guitar is an essential event in my life. I used to play flute since I was young. I was really fed up with the instrument as I was forced to practice the flute songs which I regarded as boring and dull. I became losing interest in music, which I believe is one of the most important portions of my life now. 

With the time when I was growing upI became fond of listening to the pop music and especially heavy metal pieces. I could feel relaxed and energetic when I heard the beat of the music, and I felt that was what my life should like. I became crazy about rock music and started to learn guitar as I wanted to write my own songs and shared my happiness to others. Being a guitarist, my life become colorful and full of joy. When I am tired of studying or doing work, I will play the guitar to encourage myself. I have become more outgoing and optimistic. 

Thanks to the music I like and the guitar which companies me everyday. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Zeyu!
    It's good to hear that you are enjoying music. As a guitarist myself, I can see the joy music brings to your life. While reading through your post, I saw that you felt relaxed and energetic when you hear the beat of the music. Correct me if I am wrong, perhaps you mean you feel relaxed when u hear pop music while you feel energetic when you hear heavy metal pieces. Your current sentence sounded like you felt relaxed and energetic at the same time.
    In addition, I would like to comment on your last sentence. Your sentence seems incomplete. Perhaps you can phrase it into "Thanks to the music I like and my guitar, my life is starting/has became more colourful".
    One last thing is that it should be accompany instead of company. :)
    Hope you improve your guitar skills as well as your english language! ;)
    Best Regards,
    yaoxiang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Zeyu! :)
    It was a great pleasure reading your article. I can feel your passion towards music. Here are some of my suggestions?
    ....I used to play the flute when I was young...
    ....I begun losing interest in music...
    ....and share my happiness with others....
    ....whenever I got tired of studying or.....
    Haha I hope music will continue to enrich your life =)
    Best Regards,
    Qi Hui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zeyu!

    It is an interesting blog post and I can really sense your passion towards guitar!

    In addition to Yao Xiang and Qi Hui's comment, I would like to provide other suggestions :)

    For the first paragraph, perhaps you can change it to "...which I regarded as boring and dull. This made me lose my interest towards music. However, I believed that it is one of the most important part of my life now."

    For the second paragraph. "With the time when I was growing up" maybe you can phrase it as "As I grew up". Also, "I became fond of listening to the pop music and especially heavy metal pieces" can be changed to "I develop liking/fond towards pop music, especially heavy metal pieces".

    Pardon me if i am wrong and let us improve together :)

    Ke Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Zeyu, for sharing your interest in playing guitar. Your reflection effectively highlights your developing a musical preference (away from the flute) and the power that the guitar has for you. I can easily appreciate the fact that music is a means of your relaxing after doing other work. I used to play quite a bit of music as well, for the same reason, with an interest in the blues harp (harmonica) that took me from excited amateur to many professional situations (on the strength of the pros I was surrounded by!). What a wonderful experience that was.

    I wish you all the best in your musical forays. By the way, if you would like to see how flute can be expertly integrated to rock music, please check out the 70s/80s British rock Jethro Tull on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete